Childhood Obesity Issues Presentation
Obesity Epidemic - General Population Problem Issues
- Obesity, outside of specific genetic issues, is very manageable and in a majority of cases preventable.
- Obesity will surpass smoking as the number one preventable disease in the U.S. within four years.
- 80% of African-American and 38% of Hispanic females were found to be overweight and/or obese.
- 22-27% of the U.S. population eats "daily" in a fast-food restaurant.
- Most Americans are either uninformed or ill-informed about the importance of daily proper nutrition and physical activity.
© 2003-2023;N.C.O.F.® All rights Reserved.